Warehouse and Storage Bins
Create warehouses and organize them using storage bins.
Warehouse represents on the application, the physical location of the stock. To define more exact location of goods inside warehouse it is divided into Storage Bins.
This window allows to create and setup warehouses and get information about goods available in the warehouse and information related to transactions.
Create warehouses for your organizations.
It is important to have a previous overview before creating warehouses. Warehouse tab contains essential details of the warehouse, meaningful ones are Name and Location / Address.
Fields to note:
- Search Key: It is important to define proper serch key to warehouses so can be identified easily later from other windows and reports.
- Returned Bin: default value for the Return Material Receipt Lines Storage Bin field to which returned from customer products are placed.
- Warehouse Rule: Definition of a Warehouse Rule to be applied when getting stock from the warehouse.
Create storage bins for a selected warehouse.
Defines Storage Bin position in the warehouse: Row (X), Stack (Y) and Level (Z) fields and other parameters.
Other fields to note:
- Relative priority: in terms of retrieving and taking out stock. Normal sequence of products shipment from the warehouse is first in first out (FIFO), but in this field a priority related to storage bins with the same product is indicated (0 = highest priority). The field is used by automatic processes that need to determine which storage bin to use, for example Create Shipments from Orders. It also defines sorting of storage bins in the Locator (Storage Bin) Selector.
- Default: when selected, this storage bin appears by default on documents
- Barcode: There is no logic behind this field. It has been created in order to be used/implemented by other modules such as Warehouse Mobile Operations
- Inventory Status It is the current Inventory Status of the selected Storage Bin. It can be changed by clicking on Change Status button. More information can be found in the project documentation.
View all products transactions related to the selected warehouse.
History of transactions (materials receipt, shipment, used in production, etc.) that influence selected storage bin.
The content of this tab is the same as of Goods Transaction window.
View the stored products of a selected storage bin.
Bin Contents read-only tab lists products stored in a particular storage bin.
Fields to note:
- Attribute Set Value: field is displayed if the product in the line has attributes (color, size, serial number or several of them together etc).
- Last Inventory Count Date: the last date this product was checked during Physical Inventory Count process.
- Quantity on Hand: current stock of the product.
- Quantity in Draft Transactions: product quantity that is in warehouse transactions (like Goods Receipt, Goods Shipment, Physical Inventory, Goods Movements) in Draft status.
Create and edit G/L accounts to be used in transactions including a selected warehouse.
This tab specifies the Warehouse Differences account for each organization's general ledger configuration.
It is automatically populated when a new warehouse is created as it is taken from the corresponding account of the Defaults tab of the corresponding general ledger configuration.
Full list of Warehouse and Storage Bins window fields and their descriptions is available in the Warehouse and Storage Bins Screen Reference.